What have you resolved to do this year?

Hello,

It's a beautiful day in Trinidad and I'm sure a just as beautiful day in Tobago too.  The sun is hot, the sky is really blue with fluffy white clouds and a wonderful breeze is blowing.  Looking at the day that God has made, I feel good!  My mind is grinning!

Three days after the beginning of the new year I feel like writing about goals for 2011.  I've never made the making of new year's resolutions a habit but tend to do it on my birthday which is 2 days before the new year.  Birthdays always make me look at the past year, feel bad about the past year and resolve to do differently before the next birthday.  Most times in recalling the past year it seems that I've either been asleep and missed the cues that should have brought change or else I was like a hamster on a wheel - working my little legs off but not getting anywhere.  Well baby, all that has got to change.  Although I think the hamster on the wheel thing may stay because that just seems to be life.

My over-riding goal is to prosper!  I expect prosperity in every area of my life.  That includes spiritual prosperity, emotional prosperity, financial prosperity too.

Goal # 1 - Find a job.
Goal #2 - Volunteer.  Head back to St. Michael's Home for Boys and try for the third time to volunteer my services.
Goal #3 -  Diet.  Stave off eating when I begin to feel depressed.
Goal #4 -  Praise myself more.  Look for the silver lining in every dark cloud.
Goal #5 - Educate myself.  Sign up for a training programme. Maybe complete the Masters?
Goal #6 - Get a Hobby.  Have fun with photography.  I really enjoy taking pictures and I do not want to become an expert.  I want to just have fun with it. I'll try to walk daily just because once I start I get lost in a zone.
Goal #7 - Companionship.  Have friends over at least once per month. Should I aim to find meself a lovah?  LOL!

Seven goals, one for each day of the week.  I think these are:
Specific 
Meaningful
Attainable
Realistic 
Time-bound 
Enjoyable 
Rewarding.

What have you resolved to do this year?  Share your resolutions.  It might just give me incentive to stick with mine and I hope I give you the drive to put yours into operation.

Later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thought

Easter Sunday Musings

My Christmas Wish List